Who we are:
Groupware Technology, Inc. is a leading datacenter infrastructure solution provider that delivers services and solutions to customers to increase business and IT agility, and increase ROI on technology investments. Our commitment to our customers is to help optimize their existing IT assets, evaluate and implement new technologies and provide a roadmap toward cloud-centric infrastructure models. Groupware specializes in data center infrastructure and cloud computing solutions, rack integration services and first call support.
Groupware believes having fun and giving back are vital to its success so we regularly schedule company events and give back to the community.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead conference calls and or Webex sessions with customers and sales personnel
- Generally technical in nature, he or she must be able to qualify and or recommend a wide variety of products, solutions, and offerings and be proficient in the explanation of these technical solutions
- Expected to represent Groupware Engineering if and when an opportunity presents itself requiring technical support representation and when Engineering resources are not available
- Technical clarification for outside sales
- Obtaining customer specifications and or the necessary technical information required to create accurate estimates, BOM’s (Bill of Materials) and or technical quotes.
- Provide hardware/software recommendations for customers/sales
- Provide best practice recommendations Hardware implementation, etc.
- Hardware selection, etc.
- Technical clarification for both inside and outside sales personnel
- Identify hardware/software differences
- Identify hardware/software recommendations for specific implementations
- Clarify technical details of BOM’s and Estimates
- BOM (Bill of Materials) validation for inside reps
- Make sure BOM’s match customer requirements
- Edit/clarify potential technical conflicts
- Make best practice recommendations if necessary
- Involve/Engage Engineering resources when necessary (Design/Architecture, etc.)
- Create estimates for inside/outside Sales reps
- Configure new estimate/s based on customer requests
- Configure new estimate/s based on Groupware recommendations for review by customer
- BOM creation utilizing but not limited to the following OEM tools
- Device configuration via:
- Cisco CCW/Estimator
- HP Configuration tool
- Dell Configurator
- Netapp Configurator
- Oracle estimates
- Act as a channel for inside/outside Sales reps to reach engineering resources
- Funnel and escalate “expert-level” questions to the necessary Engineering resources
- Reach out to engineers for technical clarification or further recommendations when necessary
- Facilitate and drive communication between Groupware reps and Engineering
- Funnel technical information from engineering to inside/outside reps and/or customers
- Convert technical information from engineers to a BOM (Bill of Materials) or estimate/s
- Serve as a technical liaison between engineering/customer or partner field reps when respective expert is not available
- Ability to create and maintain daily documentation of work activities utilizing Zendesk or similar tools.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of customers in stressful situations and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to follow industry standard engineering principles and practices.
- A logical approach to problem-solving; must have technical problem-solving skills.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and able to self-teach new concepts.
Applicants should apply to Human Resource. No Phone Calls Please.
Back To All