Onsite Technical Support Engineer – Maiden, NC
As an Onsite Technical Support Engineer, you will provide onsite data center technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing NetApp products. This is a long-term contract job that will be located in the Maiden, NC.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills.
- Resolve customer’s Netapp problems onsite in consultation with remote support personnel via the telephone and/or the web.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base runbooks, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base runbooks to share information for re-use throughout the Netapp technical support group.
- Share best practices with technical staff and learn about new storage technologies.
- Gain knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and through a variety of learning environments. The initial focus is on learning NetApp’s operating systems, Data ONTAP 7-mode and E-Series Operating System, as well as troubleshooting NetApp hardware issues as part of a multi-vendor computing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress situations
- Ability to perform hardware and Data Ontap 7-mode software installation of current generation of Netapp hardware
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- 2~3 years of Netapp experience preferred
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Training and/or certification on NetApp Storage operating systems such as Data ONTAP or E-Series Operating System.
- Ability to interpret system logs, and utilize support tools needed to analyze system issues (such as perfstat, packet traces, ASUP logs, etc.)
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- TCP/IP and Networking
- RAID storage principles
Applicants should apply to Human Resource. No phone calls please
Back To All