Integration Engineer-Onsite (HQ)
Who we are:
Groupware Technology, Inc. is a leading technology solution provider that enables our customers to increase business agility and maximize their return on technology investments. Our commitment to our customers is to help optimize their existing technology assets, evaluate and implement new technologies and provide a roadmap toward next generation infrastructure models. Groupware specializes in data center infrastructure and cloud computing solutions, rack integration services and first call support.
Groupware’s core values are Customer Service, Excellence, Fun and Giving Back. In support of our values, we work hard to ensure the Customer receives industry-leading service, we schedule fun customer and company events and we work together to give back to the community.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks
- Manage, Monitor and Maintain all systems and Lab infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain Hardware Systems
- Install, configure, test and maintain Application software
- Monitor and test hardware performance
- Develop Tools to increase work efficiency
- Provide 2nd Level Support to Lab Integration Specialists
- Draft technical instructions, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
- Interface with various team members such as Sales, GW Ordering, Logistics, GroupWatch and other support staff on a regular basis.
Essential Core Competencies:
- 4 year degree in computer science related studies or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in data center technician or related work
- Two to four years system administration experience.
- Write and comprehend shell, Perl and python scripting language and automation
- Basic knowledge of Networking Topology, Protocols and Appliances
- Knowledge and support of Win2K+, Red hat, Centos, Ubuntu and various OS systems
- Good Disaster recovery and Trouble shooting skills
- Basic Knowledge of Kickstart and JumpStart Environments and provisioning
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer handling skills
- Ability to follow and document procedures and processes accurately
- In-depth understanding of Linux Systems Administration (2 -3 years)
- Experienced scripting skills using Unix scripting toolkits (bash, sed, awk, etc)
- Ability to build and monitor services on mass quantities of production servers
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes deployments and configurations
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:
- Work performed in an office and computer laboratory environment.
- Frequent heavy physical effort required such as bending and lifting while carrying computer monitors, terminals, equipment, supplies and other materials and/or product which can exceed 50lbs.
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking are frequently required.
- Required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively on a computer for long periods of time.
Applicants should apply to Human Resource. No phone calls please
Back To All