Collaboration Technology in a Digital Age
November 13, 2017
In Today’s Digital Culture, Collaborating is Key to Achieving Desired Business Outcomes
Collaboration and teamwork are characteristics of highly successful organizations, enabling productivity, innovation and a competitive edge. Companies are increasingly realizing the value of collaboration and looking for the best collaboration solutions to implement in the workplace. The utilization of team collaboration tools can improve productivity as well as alleviate any obstacles to effective and efficient collaboration. Collaboration tools can:
- Enable the sharing of materials on a single platform
- Make real-time sharing simpler
- Make it easier to keep track of projects
- Lessen email in-box clutter
- Keep remote teams connected, and connected on any device
- Enable projects to stay on track
In today’s digital workplace though, as teams become more mobile and dispersed, effective collaboration among team members and with customers, as well as identifying optimal collaboration tools and processes can prove to be challenging. With a global economy, the mandate for enterprise organizations to implement best practice collaboration processes have become even more ambitious to support virtual teams, global customers, strategic partners and other entities.
There are also a plethora of new collaboration tools and technologies which organizations may find complicated to incorporate into their current infrastructure, particularly if they have an existing investment in a legacy or older collaboration platform. These on-premise legacy tools can be wasting valuable resources when IT departments spend significant amounts of time managing them instead of concentrating on working with their organization to move KPIs and MBOs forward.
The above scenarios pave the way for collaboration solutions to be a critical business need. It would be advantageous for an organization to enlist the services of an experienced collaborations solutions provider. The solutions provider can create and navigate the roadmap to a collaborations solution that is the best fit to usher the company’s acceleration into the digital age. The upside of utilizing an outside collaboration solutions provider include:
- Comprehensive, 24/7 management and monitoring
- Faster resolution of issues/problems
- Elimination of additional time, in-house training costs and internal resources for collaboration solutions support
- Out-sourcing and automation of key collaboration solutions processes to lessen the load on IT
- Customization of the collaboration technology to meet an organization’s specific needs
- Managed costs and increased speed of deployment
- Integration of existing databases with new collaboration tools and platforms to deliver a unified user experience
Organizations can plan for new collaboration initiatives and tools, speed up deployment and manage collaboration infrastructure with greater visibility and responsiveness with the help of an expert and experienced collaboration solutions provider. Most significantly, organizations get more business value by outsourcing collaboration solutions services as it allows them to concentrate on their core business of increasing their bottom lines.
Benjamin VandenBerg is Groupware Technology’s Practice Manager for Collaboration Solutions.